Rutherglen is the home of fortified wine, the ports/muscats/topaques are the equal of any you could find worldwide.
But its not just about the fortified wine, there are many other excellent wines to savour in the north east of Victoria. The durif is wonderful.
Suggested and customisable itinerary:
- 9.30 Pickup from your home or hotel in Melbourne.
- 12.00 Wine tasting and lunch at Baileys of Glenrowan.
- 14.30 Wine tasting at Campbells and Stanton & Killeen.
- 17.00 Check in and freshen up at Tuileries.
- 19.00 Dinner at the Victoria hotel.
- 08.30 Breakfast in the hotel.
- 10.00 Wine tasting at All Saints Estate.
- 11.00 Wine tasting at Jones.
- 14.00 Wine tasting and lunch at Fowles winery.
- 17.30 Arrive Melbourne.
From $499 per person, twin share